Monday, September 5, 2011

June Travels

What a summer it's been! We've had lots of fun and been super busy. Here's a recap of what we've been doing and where we've been... In June Adam and I decided to take a weekend away. It was kind of our Valentine's Day that we never had time for! We wanted to go somewhere that wasn't too far, but far enough that it was kind of new to us. We considered Denver, then decided on Boise becuase it's closer. We didn't realize at the time that the drive to Boise was 5 hours! Anyway, we had a great weekend away and enjoyed seeing something new for a change! We missed the boys a lot though... Everywhere we went we thought about what we could have done with them, or what we could get to take home to them. We decided to bring home a new toy for each of them. Deegan got a Bubble Mower which he LOVED. (We didn't take any pictures in Boise.. lame, I know! So here's pics of Deeg Loving his mower)












The week before that (after our hotel was already paid for and we couldn't change our plans), my Best Friend from High School (Tiffany) told me she and her husband and 2 sweet boys were going to the temple to be sealed! I was SUPER excited! I didn't get to go to her wedding because I was 9 1/2 months pregnant, so I had been waiting for this day forever!!! The sealing was 2 weeks after our trip to Boise, and it was in Denver :-) So instead of Adam missing work and having to make the drive with me, I invited my sister to join me. It was such a fun weekend of just being girls- not moms, not wives, not work associates... just girls! We drove out on Friday morning. We were able to stay with Keli's sweet sister in law, Viola, and spent time with the Ames family. Viola has 3 adorable little girls who could just make anyone's heart melt, and they spent lots of time cuddling with me while I was there. They even called me Aunt Katie, which I kinda liked ;-). Saturday morning I met up with my "long lost" other best friend from HS, Maria. It was SO good to catch up with her. It had been about 7 years since she and I had seen eachother or really even talked. I was amazed at how easilly we just picked up where we left off like it had just been yesterday that we saw eachother. She and I drove up to the temple together, so we had a good hour or so to talk each way. The temple and the sealing were absolutely beautiful! Everything went so well, and Tiffany's little family was just glowing! Tiffany, Maria, and I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening hanging out doing what girls do best- shopping and talking, then Sunday it was back to reality! It was definately a good trip and one I'd like to make more than once every 6 years! I missed Colorado once I got there, but it sure was nice to be home in my quiet little Providence, UT.





No comments: