Sunday, July 4, 2010

Some Updates!

Digging in the dirt while we fixed up the yard.
I found out last summer that my "flower bed" in the middle of my yard is filled with VERY LARGE chunks of cement that used to be part of the septic system years back. The cement chunks are about 8 inches thick and 1-2 feet wide, and sit only a few inches under my dirt ( not even deep enough to bury my petunias!). So, we had to add dirt to it to build it up a bit so I can have flowers in my dirt mound in the middle of the yard.

Brant asked me to help him out with a surprise birthday party for Keli, so I offered to make the cake. Of course, I have NO decorating skills, but I knew it would taste better than a bakery cake if I use Keli's yummy recipes! So, since I have no skills, I decided to use that to my advantage and make a "cake wreck" (http://www.cakewrecks.com/). Deegan loves to help me with the mixer, so I make him put on an apron to help me. Guess I need to make him a "Boy apron"!
Complete with spelling errors, instructions and "sperm balloons"! Although it wasn't pretty, it was funny to those who mattered (Keli)!

6 weeks old! Loves to smile!


For Memorial Day, my family all came up to go back to the fun park where we had my birthday party. We went to the Willow Park Zoo first. I didn't get many pics, but the kids had tons of fun. Especially chasing the Peacocks, feeding the ducks and howling at the Coyotes!

Deeg and Dad hanging out while mom was at work!

No comments: