Sunday, July 4, 2010

Father's Day and the Last trip to the cabin


Forr Father's Day and Mother's Day, Adam and I got tickets to see Josh Ritter. We've seen him a couple times before (Here's Pics from the first time) and really enjoy his shows. It's not just that we like his music, he puts on a fun show! Adam has had a new debit card to be signed every show he's been to (this would have been his 3rd card). Unfortunately, Adam got sick that day so we went to the show hoping he'd be okay, but we ended up leaving after about 5 songs. So we still saw enough, but Adam didn't get to have his card signed. :-( Bummer! Then he spent the rest of Father's Day weekend sleeping on the couch feeling crappy. Double Bummer. It was a good weekend though. Deeg, Griff and I went to my parents on Saturday to have 
Father's Day dinner. The kids played on the slip N slide all night!

Deegan made a "Treat of the Month Club" mail box for Adam. Each month for the next year, Deeg and I get to make/pick out a treat for dad and put it in his mail box. He had lots of fun painting it and then we stamped his hands on the box too.

For as long as I can remember, we have gone to my grandparent's cabin every summer. I remember when it was just a field with a camper, and then a nice little cabin, then they built on and we helped finish it! Now, the time has come to let it go. Grandma just finished up a year of Chemo Therapy and is feeling well, but they just haven't had the energy to keep the cabin up the way they used to be able to. As we all get older, we dont have as much time to go and enjoy it either. So, they sold it. We went down last weekend for one last visit before it was gone.

Deegan had a blast! When I was pregnant w/ him, my dad joked that his nickname would be "Digger" (Deegan -> Deeger -> Digger) Little did he know how fitting that name would be! Deegan spent both days at the cabin sitting in the dirt digging with his Skid Steer and his Excavator. This is his favorite past time these days.

Deegan's first fishing trip!

The run off is a great fishing spot because I didn't have to make sure he wasn't getting too close to the water!
"I GOT ONE!!!"

A few days ago, I sent Deeg outside to eat his popsicle. He looked so cute sitting on the side of my little hill with his "little one skidsteer" in one hand and popsicle in the other. He's such a good kid!

No comments: