Thursday, July 5, 2012

Texas Vacation!

Okay, so I'm a little late on updating the blog, but I've been busy making a baby and taking naps!  I forgot to post Easter pictures (maybe because I only took like 3), so here's a little Easter recap... We did an Easter egg hunt at grandma/grandpa Jorgensen's house and at G/G Powell's house, but I didn't get pics at the Powell egg hunt because I was hunting for my own eggs ;-)



Every year, our Easter Bunny hides the kids' baskets. This year he/she decided to make an obstacle course to help them find the baskets.  There was one string attached to each of the boys' baskets and wound all through the house to their bedrooms. (Please excuse our lovely jammies and bedhead, this video was taken first thing in the morning!)



Now, on to Texas... Adam served his mission in the San Antonio area, and we've been wanting to make a trip out there since we got married. Finally we decided to just do it because it only gets harder to plan with more kids! We left on my birthday (4/19) and spent a week there. It was lots of fun, but by the end we had learned that a week is a little too long to have little kids sharing a hotel room with us and missing naps and driving all over!
I'll spare you the day to day details of what we did and just say we had a ton of fun and got to do lots of things. It was nice to just hang out as a family and not be working around other people's schedules and needs while we enjoyed our time together!

Leaving the SLC airport!

waiting... 

The boys LOVED the airplane and were much better behaved than I could have ever hoped!

The first day there we went to Sea World.

Watching the dolphins show off for food!


inside the 4D Sesame Street movie

Griffin and I got lucky and sat in seats that the water sprayers weren't working real well, so we only felt a tiny mist once or twice- Adam and Deegan got nice and wet :-)

Shamu waving to the crowd. It's super cool what they can train those whales to do! We ended up getting rained out after a couple hours there (right as we were getting ready to ride the rides), so we took the boys to the gift shop and let them pick a souvenir to make them feel better about leaving. They both got stuffed whales and still sleep with them every night!

The Alamo

Walking the River Walk

Waiting outside Lulu's Bakery for a Chicken Fried Steak lunch and a 3 1/2 Lb Cinnamon Roll!


We took the cinnamon roll back to the hotel for later and only took a tiny corner out of it before we were done!

Our hotel was right by Krispy Kreme, and Adam and the boys had never had their "Hot" donuts, so we went and watched them make them and had a late night snack. Deegan wore that hat almost everywhere we went!


The 6 flags over Texas at the capital building



Peace Officer's Memorial





Walking up to the University of Texas Stadium

Mini Golf at the Peter Pan golf course


We also did a little site seeing of Adam's old mission areas and I decided it would be okay to move there if the opportunity ever presented itself! Maybe it's my lack of things to do or see in Logan and places to shop, but there were SO many places to go and things to do, and the scenery was beautiful. I want so badly to have big giant plants in my front yard with leaves as big as my kids! Oh well, for now, Logan will do- I kinda like our neighborhood!

No comments: